Some important information from the Canteen Team
Hello everyone and welcome to what promises to be another busy year in the Marcellin canteen.
Firstly, thanks SO much for volunteering your time. We couldn’t provide the service we do without you, so never underestimate your value! We hope your rostered days are enjoyable (and that you keep coming back!)
Your hours of duty are: Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday, 9.30am-2.20pm, Thursdays, 10.00am-2.20pm & Fridays, 9am-2.20pm.
PLEASE NOTE: If your Wednesday duty falls on a Day 3, you will only be working a half day, as the boys finish early to allow for Staff Development afternoons. There will be no afternoon recess on these days.
Please contact the canteen directly on 9851 1544 or text Gerry on 0425733249 if you are unable to work on your rostered day. This will allow us to organise a replacement & plan for the day. Canteen duty is a real commitment and your assistance is highly regarded and necessary!
As a way of saying thank you for volunteering, we will provide your son/s with a free lunch on your rostered day, consisting of 1 food item and 1 drink. All other items must be purchased. The profits from the canteen go directly to the school, so we ask that you respect this request. (And don’t worry, we’ll feed you too!)
In order to meet the College’s food safety obligations, there are some basic standards we all need to meet and although mostly, it is plain common sense, it helps to have it written out. The canteen is a fast-paced, busy space and safety is a real concern of ours.
- Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes-no thongs.
- Long hair should be tied back.
- No bracelets or watches and please, no dangly jewellery!
- If you have false nails or nail polish, gloves must be worn at all times during food prep.
- We will provide an apron for you to wear. Please remember to remove it when leaving the canteen-especially for toilet breaks.
- We also request that you wear disposable gloves when handling any unwrapped foods. These need to be changed regularly.
- Cuts and sores need to be covered with a blue food handler’s bandaid AND disposable gloves if on the hands.
- If you are suffering from a cold or the flu, or experiencing the symptoms of Gastroenteritis, please give yourself the day off-but don’t forget to let us know!
- Hand washing should be frequent and thorough, using the dedicated hand washing sink.
You’ll be involved in lots of different tasks and will meet lots of other lovely volunteers. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you need and remember-“the only dumb question is the one you didn’t ask!” Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you all soon.
Gerry Barney (Canteen Supervisor), Sabrina Pozzobon and Joan Russell.